Saturday, September 14, 2013

Short and Sweet

One of the dudes was really congested today so he stayed home from school to hack lugees and blow his nose (kidding, it was so he could rest- poor little guy) So, I got to sway in the hammock breeze with him, read some books and then he sang "Twinkle, Twinkle..." to his baby brother in the bouncy seat (from a few feet away) every time he cried while I got some things done around the house. It was super adorable because it really worked- that song allowed me to get laundry done, dishes put away and pizza dough made for tonight! Totally sweet.

I had the afternoon off so I went to Rainbow park to read again. Man, I love that place. Its a roadside park, but its sunken into a little valley so you don't really feel like you're near the road. Shady little beautiful hidden gem. Mmmmmmiiiiiiiii LOVE IT!

When I got back we made some kefir and pizza and were laundry ninjas (what I call secretly putting laundry away with the boys so they get super excited to make their mama proud). Pizza was delish.

After dinner I watched some Adventure Time. The tiniest little part of me feels a little bad for the dudes because they don't get to watch tv or movies (except for special occasions) and I know I look back fondly on some of my favorite kids shows. But kids TV/movies are mostly trash these days and they totally savor the special times they DO get to see them. AND they don't waste away their brains melting in front of the tube daily and instead spend time outside and playing together. However, I totally just indulged in three 15 minute episodes- but I'm 23 and can make college-graduate, big-adult decisions to watch my favorite cartoon hahha. And after canceling my netflix account, have been having the strongest urge to watch a movie- damn.

I must get some rest, even though I have the  morning off. I have a big athletic event to attend tomorrow morning: U-5 AYSO Soccer game- I got a special invitation and I can't miss it. The Kula Skeletons play. Also- after the game I have a big exciting plan for my Saturday afternoon shift with the boys. I am actually super stoked to spend the late afternoon with them when then don't have to go to school. But, more on that tomorrow.

GO GREEN (Kula Skeletons, green that is- I don't even know if MSU plays tomorrow. But if its relevant- that too, I guess)

Aloha Pumehana,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment