Saturday, September 7, 2013

PIZZA

I woke up today and made hot chocolate, as is becoming customary. After some morning reading, fort making and bed-robots (we have ninja's and robots who make beds here, its nutz) I took one of the dudes to school. I made a tea-date with the preschool teacher to sew and learn about Waldorf in her classroom on Sunday afternoon. I am so excited. I think I'll go on a little adventure tomorrow and read some Waldorf books to gear up. : )

I went to yoga for the most incredible practice I've had on the island so far. It was a class of mostly younger people and we did some really fun, challenging arm balances, inversions, deep stretches and spent a lot of time hanging out on one foot at a time. This particular teacher, Trish, will be leading the teacher trainings and I was told by several other yogis at the studio that she was something else, but really- she was something else. I decided today that when I get my first paycheck, I'm going to purchase a membership there.

The drive home from practice was particularly beautiful today. I was driving up Haleakala Highway and the sun was shining on the West Maui Mountains and the reflecting off the ocean. I looked to the other side of the road up at Haleakala and the horses in the meadow with cacti were smiling at me. When I drive to practice (or anytime I drive to Kahalui, Makawao, or Paia) I see the ocean and anytime I drive back home in the other direction (toward Kula, Kihei, Lahaina) I see the ocean. The island is tiny. But, its sooo diverse. I am so excited to continue exploring it. I feel so grateful to be here. Its still a little bit unreal.

I came home and made some PIZZA DOUGH because we are starting a PIZZA FRIDAYS tradition. Best news. After the five year old comes home from practice, we're having pizza EVERY FRIDAY. We had mushroom, green pepper, feta and Maui pineapple on our Zaa and I made a avocado pesto dip for our bread sticks.

 Having guaranteed pizza weekly, living on Maui in between two mountains with sunshine and smiley kids? Yes.

I watched a few ted talks tonight. These two were really interesting to me. I would write a little response but I don't really feel like it. I'm really tired. But they are worth watching.

http://www.ted.com/playlists/124/ken_robinson_10_talks_on_educ.html

One: What do Babies Think
and
Six: Teach Art and Sciences Together


Aloha Pumehana,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment