Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Feelin' like a resident

So today, I did a lot of errands. Doing errands means you are at home.

When you are on vacation, you don't do errands.
When you are on vacation, you don't open bank accounts.
When you are on vacation, you don't stand in line and wait to get TB tests for potential second resume-building jobs (I already have dates requested for my substitutin' service at Waldorf! My dream-mentor wants me to fill in for her assistant! WHAAAT!?! I just need clearance wahoo!)
When you are on vacation, the baristas don't recognize you. Today at Paia Bay, I was recognized as a regular.
When you are on vacation, you don't buy memberships at yoga studios. Today, I got one at Makawao Yoga (http://www.makawaoyoga.com/)
When you are on vacation, you use maps and GPS. Today, I realized how little I've been relying on mine.

Man. Today's blog-worthiness mostly lies in that it was just another normal ol' day of doing normal ol' things in my Maui home. Weird.

Aloha Pumehana,

Betsy

3 comments:

  1. Eli had the opposite yesterday......learned the feeling of leaving a second home for the first time.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....and the feeling of returning home from an extended stay away....

      Delete
  2. Weird. I remember that feeling the first time it happened. I feel like a home-collector right now. I keep referring to going home but depending on whether I'm talking to Mom, a friend from Lansing or someone around here... its always different. And- I've been thinking about how I wanna camp the Catskills sometime in the next few years... I now have four places I've considered 'home'.

    ReplyDelete