Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Aloha

So I finally got my art wall completed. It makes me so happy to look up at my wall and see art; most made by friends, family or students, some purchased at shows and some made by me. I even have some new additions made on MAUI by my dudes! Each piece makes me think of a different time of my life- sometimes a specific day or moment. So many people contributed and it keeps growing every time I move. I feel like if my wall hangings were posters, I might have to 'give them up' to reach adulthood but I don't think I'll ever give up my art wall. But soon, they may need frames (because their corners are waring out from all my moooves!). I'll probably post a picture of my room/the art soon.

The highlight of my day was yoga. After an extra long day of organizing and hanging with the babe- I chose to add some extra hours today so I could have a little more time off this weekend- I went down for an "Island Flow" class at Makawoooowza Yoga.
The teacher who leads this class is Mia, my neighbor. She is incredible. She has a really slow but intense and philosophy focused style and its really starting to grow on me. She was the first teacher I had on Maui and I always liked her but tonight was amazing- super deep.
After class, I asked her if she ever taught meditation classes or workshops. This little question turned into a 45 minute conversation. Apparently, she has- in her 17 years of teaching- many times. When she owned a studio in the SF Bay Area, she taught them all the time. She just moved back here about 3 years ago (she grew up on Maui) and is still building her practice up again. After our talk she said she would talk to the studio managers and try to set a workshop up.
I'm so glad she is my neighb- next time I'm strollin' by her house with the stroller and she's in her yard I'm definitely going to say 'hello'. She has a great vibes.

Aloha pumehana,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment