Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pen Palz Again

I printed a bunch of pictures so I'm spending some time writing little notes to pen pals. I love receiving notes back in the mail- I send notes to friends just about every other day. Today I got a note from my friend Daphna and my long-time pen pal Grams AND the day-after-you-get-your-diploma-PAY-US-loan-packet from MSU! I was most excited about my letters from Daph and Grams. Grams included a packet of sparkley bird stickers for me and the dudes! When I showed the three year old just before bedtime, he wanted to put the stickers on his jammies. We told him it'd be better to wait until morning so he could put it on paper or his shirt- it was fun to see him so excited about the stickers from my Grams, though. She'll be happy to hear they were a 'hit'.

Lets see, what else did I do on this fine day?

I started a tissue-paper stained glass project on a large octagon window over the front door. I'm really excited about it- I'll post some pictures as it comes along. Just started planning and measuring out the pattern. It should be pretty cool. So far I have an 8-sided star with a flower in the center. We've already picked out all the colors and the Kula Mama is really excited so I'm hoping all goes well. My uncle George used to do stained glass, so I'll be channeling his talents when I really get going.

I hung out with the babe a lot today. I love just watching him grow. Its fascinating. So fun to see all the 'new' faces and sounds he comes up with everyday. Today he was all about sticking out his tounge and many variations on the sound /g/. The /g/ was sometimes incorporated into a 'gah', other times strung into a sentence of /g/'s and EVEN mixed into a growl/giggle. We laid out in the yard for a bit just looking at the trees and grass- his favorite pastime.

I made my first 'disappointing' pizza in a while today. It still tasted good but the dough was too warm and sticky, the pizza peel too wet and my hands not steady enough. It turned into a stretched pizza. The second pizza was perfect though, and that was the 'adult' pizza. When the younger brother mentioned something about the funky shape of his pizza slice, the older brother giggled and he said, "Its just as good as its gonna get tonight. Its the best we could do!" Haha! They had helped me make the dough and the eldest helped me sauce/cheese the zza. Too funny!

I've got to get to bed! Yoga bright and early then I'm headed to the beach and the Taken by Wonder art installation again so I can explore without little dudes.

Aloha pumehana!

Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment