Friday, November 15, 2013

I shall write

Today before the dudes went to school they hopped in the hot tub for twenty minutes. I don't think I was EVER up early enough to make my bed, get dressed, eat breakfast, put my laundry away, brush my teeth, get into a hot tub, take a shower, get re-dressed, read books for a little while, put my socks and shoes on and then go to school. Its pretty crazy- but they totally did it and they want to do it again tomorrow. Its kinda fun to supervise hot-tub time. They swim around and shoot water guns and wear goggles and 'dive for things'. "WATCH BETS! WATCH! I can go to the middle! I can float on my back! I can go in and out of the floatie without help! WATCH! I can squirt the tree!" Usually they hot tub and then shower at night but this is a great motivation for them to get ready quickly and happily so I'm all for it.

Let see I went to yoga and realized that this week, last week or next week is my two year yoga birthday! Its hard to believe that at one point uktanasana and downward dog used to be incredibly uncomfortable. My body wasn't moving with my breath. My mind and body didn't know what transitions or alignment should feel like and so I ignored them and just 'moved' how I was 'supposed to' and because of that my soul practically wasn't even on the mat.
Today during practice when Trish was explaining how to get into crow pose, my eyes traveled around the room and saw so many alert eyes. Fully aware. It reminded me of a passage in Light on Life that Iyengar discusses the quiet, serene, focused, intelligent awareness you feel in your brain and body through asana. He likened this awareness to that of a deer, fully in-tune with its body and surroundings. When I looked to my left, I saw a girl perched on her feet- watching and listening to Trish's demonstration fully engrossed and fully 'in the zone'. She was kind of like a little deer.
I just inspired myself. Someday I will paint a picture with some deer and a few other woodland creatures doing yoga in the woods. I think it'd be very cute and funny.

After class I went and got a croissant at La Provence (http://www.laprovencekula.com/) Holy smokes. I was craving a croissant two days ago after yoga but they were closed so I went to the Kula Bistro and got a heaven-muffin instead. I've never had croissants quite like these before. The Kula dad took the boys there to get pastries for all of us a two weeks ago on a Saturday morning but holy smokes. HOLY MOLY. HOLY COW. He didn't get chocolate croissants. It was the fluffiest, flakiest, best textured most delicious croissant I've ever had in my life. And it had chocolate too. I bought a plain one to eat with my chili for lunch.

The eldest boy is about to loose his first tooth so we've been preparing the tooth fairy to arrive. He has  a little bag for the tooth to go under his pillow. The Kula mama printed out THE CUTEST little mini tooth fairy notes. I made a dollar bill into a ring for her to leave and the Kula mama got a little crystal animal for under the pillow too. Hes so excited. I think it'll fall out tomorrow.

Lets see. We had "Noodles" for dinner tonight. The oldest boy is totally obsessed with Panda Express's chow mein so I tried to replicate it. Except, theirs is really boring so I added a lot of veggies and some flavor. The three year old came into the kitchen just as I was finishing making it and I asked him if he wanted to 'sample' it with me. After he finished his 'sample' he handed me the little dish and said, "Yum! Thats good can I have another sample!" Mission accomplished. The five year old was pleased too. It really did turn out just like theirs but 'homemade'. It was pretty yummy.

Now I'm sitting here, ready for bed.

Aloha pumehana,

Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment