Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A tale for tomorrow

So I got my new computer. I'm very happy with my investment. I no longer have a desktoplaptop- can take it with me places without a plug and its brain isn't a 1000x slower than mine! We work well together so far. I'm excited to get things all synced up and running. Now I'll be able to post my adventre photos! I'll post and describe past stories tomorrow but for now, I'll just take care of today.

Today I received a really thoughtful care package from my Uncle Rick. He and I have always had a funky little brainwave connection. One time during our birthday month I sent him a hand drawn dragon fly card and he sent me a purple dragonfly necklace. It was completely unplanned and both of us were surprised by the coincidence. It was pretty awesome.
I walked up to my porch after yoga and smelled some coffee. At that moment, the smell triggered my thoughts "Shoot, I was supposed to pick up a bag in Makawao- I'm almost out!" I moved on and picked up the packages the postman had left on our porch. I saw that one was from my Uncle Rick!  I opened the package and sure enough, I found the source of the wonderful smell! Super freshly roasted French roast whole beans! AND "Meditation for Dummies"- perfect timing because I am about 20 pages from finishing the main book (of about 4) I've been reading. My uncles are all such a cool dudes. It really brought a smile to my face to know that he was thinking of me. I'm planning on a trip to Cali sometime in February or March to see him and my Uncle Jack. I've only flown through Cali so I'm super excited to explore with some long-time residents.

In other news: I spent some time roasting veggies today. Roasted root veggies were perfect on this cool Maui Fall day. Its really interesting observing the difference in weather- its definitely noticeable at night and in the morning. Afternoons aren't as obvious to me- but I think it has been 'cooler' during the day but not much.
Most of my evening was spent working on finishing the tissue paper 'stained glass' window. It looks so cool! I've never done something like that before and it was huge and really fun. Like all art projects I do, I had a general idea and a framework for the beginning. By the end, though, I just kinda let things come together and I really like how it turned out.




I really need to get some rest. Long days this week because the Kula Dad is outta town.

Aloha pumehana,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment